Wednesday 6 February 2013

Socket to 'em



Don’t you hate it when you’re asked, ‘what do you do for a career?’ It’s my cringe-worthy awkward question I’m continually asked at social gatherings. I always feel there is an underlying inference that can be presented in the form as, ‘I’m about to make a judgement regarding your socio-economic status and maybe allow myself to pass judgement on my apparent superiority over you.'
 Am I being paranoid? Is that why people ask that particular question or are they being genuinely friendly and curious? Your response will automatically inform the questioner of your financial status and your intelligence. Too much information.

Here is one of my stupido lists I continually post for no good reason.

List of answers I would like to respond to the question- 

‘So, what do you do for a living?’:

- CEO of an international eco friendly company
- Rodeo clown and part time rockstar
- Stay at home mum. (Yeah right. I see all the sniggering before I even answer. And yes that’s a sad reflection of where our society’s at. Stay at home mum is the best career I ever had)
- Farmer
- Surgeon- any type
- Marine biologist
- Model – Super type of course
- Zookeeper
- International spy and expert in espionage
- Artist

And wait for it... drum roll...

- Writer

Hahahahahahahaaha

No comments:

Post a Comment