Saturday 8 December 2012

Migraines

Something I can really do without is a migraine headache. The thumper at the side of my head is the one I hate the most. Once the stabbing pain has set in any type of lights, noise and barking dogs can send me into waves of pain and nausea. The only relief is lying in bed with a heat pack on my head and a Panadol in my gut.

I blame hormones and lack of sleep. I also blame my spine being out of whack. My family tend to help set one off as well as friends who need help with their dramas. The kids fighting are a good accelerator and their respective teachers ringing me about bad behaviour helps one generate. Working on our household finances almost guarantees a cranium splitter. Paying bills and groceries is a headache and driving the car for too long is a great way to suffer. Lack of sleep is a factor so I guess having a lie down is recompense. And if having a nap is not the answer I think I could try a few alternative methods. In Africa they prefer a head slapping kind of party:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPMn6kiLGEY

Or,

I have read if you cut off a body limb you will forget the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment